The HS-P82 offers 8 tracks of the highest quality recording, yet it's built for the rigours of location recording with reliable solid-state performance. The HS-P82 is built for location television and film production audio, with eight microphone inputs for big shoots or reality programs. The standard XLR microphone inputs include phantom power and analogue limiting, with trims controlled from recessed front-panel controls. In addition to the eight individual tracks, a stereo mixdown can be recorded for instant use during editing.
Audio is recorded at up to 192kHz/24-bit WAV format to a pair of CompactFlash cards. This solid-state media is completely reliable with no moving parts, and you can record to both cards simultaneously for extra security. The Broadcast WAV files include iXML metadata for quick import into nearly any video or audio editing system, either via the USB 2.0 connection or a standard card reader.
The HS-P82 offers several options for power supply. It runs on either AA or NP batteries, the included AC adapter, external DC input or a V-mount adapter for Endura batteries. An internal slate microphone is available for naming takes. Functions like a 5-second pre-record buffer, front panel lockout and headphone output alert signal further inspire confidence.
For high-resolution music recording, a set of AES/EBU connectors is available for attaching pedigree A/D converters and preamplifiers. SMPTE timecode in and out, video and word sync are provided. All of this is controlled from a color touchscreen interface which makes operation fast and simple.
Tascam's flagship production recorder is built on 30 years of reliable field recording. See how affordable the state of the art can be, with the HS-P82.
- Dual CompactFlash recording media supports backup, mirroring and seamless A/B recording*
- Long battery life through low power usage
- Easy to read and operate using pivoting TFT colour touch panel interface
- All- aluminum chassis is rugged yet lightweight
- 8 -track recording plus stereo mix for a total of 10-track recording
- 8-track recording at up to 96 kHz/24 bit
- 4-track recording at 192 kHz/24 bit
- Broadcast WAV (BWF) support with iXML metadata
- Various power options:
- AA batteries (x10)
- NP type batteries
- AC adapter (included)
- External DC input
- Optional V- mount adaptor for Endura batteries
- Pre- record buffer (up to 5 seconds)
- Internal microphone for slate recording
- Limiter and low-cut filter per track
- Auto or manual cue points
- Alert signal to headphone output
- Retake function
- Panel lockout function to prevent accidental transport switching
- 8 high-quality microphone preamps and A/D converters with independent 48V phantom power for each (standard XLR connectors)
- 8 AES/EBU inputs and outputs (DB-25 connector)
- Sampling rate converter on each AES/EBU input
- 2 balanced analogue outputs (XLR connectors)
- Stereo digital output (BNC connector)
- SMPTE Timecode input and output (BNC connector)
- Video/Word Clock/Cascade input/output (BNC connector)
- Headphones output (6.3-mm stereo jack)
- PS/2 keyboard input for track naming
- USB 2.0 high-speed data transfer to PC
* Seamless Record and Mirroring modes coming in software version 1.10