Typically, when we say "budget power amplifier" every engineer around instantly envisions a smoking crater in the middle of their amp rack. That's not an issue if you're rocking a Crown XLi series amplifier. XLi series power amps are built to withstand serious shorts, empty loads, on/off thumps, and more - things that can totally torch your system. They also protect against RF, which won't kill your amp but will murder your show. At the same time, XLi power amplifiers are incredibly versatile. They let you run them in stereo, parallel, and bridged mono for maximum impact. And loaded as they are with all the right I/O, you'll never scramble for the right adapter when you run your live sound rig on Crown XLi series power amplifiers.
You know the old adage about how if you ask two live sound engineers how to setup a system you'll get three answers? Well, this Crown XLi 2500 power amplifier can handle them all. Wether you need an amp that can do stereo, parallel, or bridged-mono mode, XLi series amps will do the trick. Even if you're constantly reconfiguring your system, you'll get all the versatility you need from your XLi 2500.
No two rigs are the same, which is why Crown outfitted their XLi amplifiers (including the XLi 2500) with all of the popular connections serious live sound engineers demand. On the input side, the XLi 2500 offers both balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA jacks, accommodating professional mixers and DJ systems alike. Conversely, both low-tech binding posts and modern speakON connectors let you attach any variety of passive PA speakers.
One thing no engineer can afford is losing an amp right before (or in the middle of) a show. With a Crown XLi 2500 in your rig, you can worry about setting a good mix, not keeping your amp from exploding. Crown built their XLi series power amplifiers with safety in mind, protecting against shorts, empty loads, on/off thumps, and more. And while they were at it, they even gave the XLi 2500 a mighty effective shield against the kind of RF that can ruin any show, so you don't have to cringe the next time the talent shows up with their special (read, outdated) wireless system.Features:
- An affordable and reliable power amplifier you can use in any PA system
- 1,500-watts in bridged-mono mode, up to 750-watts stereo/parallel operation
- Includes both unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR input connectivity
- Binding post and speakON output connectors let you use virtually any passive PA speakers
- Selectable input voltage (.755V or 1.4V) lets you set up your rig to match your gear
- LED power, fault, signal-presence, and clip indicators let you keep an eye on the safety of your amplifier
- Forced-air cooling and protection against shorts, no-load, and on/off thumps ensure smooth operation and long life
- Excellent shielding against radio-frequency interference keeps your sound clean, even in heavy wireless conditions