Behringer A500 Reference Amplifier
The Reference Amplifier A500 is the ideal choice for home and professional recording studios, post-production suites, or anyone seeking audiophile-grade performance – without the audiophile-grade price tag! A professional 600-Watt ultralinear power amplifier, the A500 provides of stunningly-accurate audio reproduction – without the slightest hint of distortion or artificial coloration common to many competing products. Thanks to its ingenious servo-controlled design, and the high-level components used throughout, the A500 boasts remarkable specs and unrivaled sonic performance.
The A500 Really Delivers
Professional audio engineers the world over are impressed by the A500’s performance – and surprised by its affordability. Capable of delivering 2 x 300 Watts (4 Ohms) or 1 x 600 Watts (8 Ohms bridged-mono), the A500 exhibits massive headroom for the utmost in pristine audio reproduction. The A500’s advanced convection-cooling technology ensures stable, noise-free operation – while the servo-controlled design allows it drive virtually any passive speaker system.
Metering and I/O
A precise level meter with input clip and channel protection LEDs are provided for accurate performance monitoring. Input connections are provided in the form of balanced XLR and ¼ " TRS connectors, as well as unbalanced RCA sockets, ensuring you have loads of input options. Plus, the speaker outputs give you the choice between professional “touch-proof” binding posts and 1/4 " TS connectors.
To ensure years of trouble-free operation, we use only Toshiba and Fairchild high-power transistors, recognized by the industry for their rock-solid reliability. In addition, an independent thermal overload protection system with LED indicators for each channel, automatically protects both your amplifier and speaker system. Last but not least, we use tough, high-current toroidal transformers for absolute dependability and the lowest possible noise interference.
Superior Sound Quality
You deserve the very best when it comes to your studio power amplification. Experience 600 Watts of love at first sound. Check out the A500 at your authorized BEHRINGER dealer, or place your order online today! Audiophile-grade performance, ultra-reliable and undeniable affordability – the Reference Amplifier A500
- 2-channel ultra-linear rackmount power amplifier for studio and installation applications
- Servo-controlled design, fan-free convection cooling for quiet operation
- Bar graph level metering with clip and protection indicators
- High-power Toshiba/Fairchild transistors, high-current, low-noise toroidal transformer
- Independent thermal overload protection for each channel for automatic speaker and amplifier protection
- Full complement of input connectors with balanced XLR, 1/4", unbalanced RCA
- POWER RATINGS - 8 Ohm stereo - 125W RMS (175W peak) /// 4 Ohm stereo - 185W RMS (300W peak) /// 8 Ohm bridged mono - 375W RMS (600W Peak)