The Yamaha MG16XU is a medium sized mixing desk with plenty of fantastic features for novice and experienced engineers alike, making this an ideal mixer for self-employed engineers, hobbyists or small music venues.
The first eight channels feature Neutrik combination inputs to choose between microphone inputs and line inputs. These channels also feature 26dB Pad, 80Hz High Pass Filter, sweeping mid equalization and a single knob compressor to help keep the mix under control. Channels 9/10 and 11/12 have two functions, firstly they can be additional microphone inputs or they can be used as stereo channels instead. Channels 13/14 and 15/16 offer an additional two stereo channels with phono inputs, making a total of four stereo channels available.
There are four auxiliary sends, allowing the mix engineer to send up to four mixes to floor monitors so that musicians can hear their performance. Simply select the channel, turn up the auxiliary and connect the auxiliary output to an active monitor and you can quickly customize each musicians mix. The fourth auxiliary channel (Aux 4) also functions as an FX Send to use the built in effects unit, allowing the mix engineer to add space to mix.
Each channel has selectable bus routes, allowing the engineer to send a signal directly to left and right speakers, or send multiple channels through Group 1 - 2 and Group 3 - 4. The Group feature allows for quick rebalancing of entire sections without the need to turn up or down each channel, another way to simplify the mixing experience.
The Yamaha MG16XU also features a stereo bus USB output, allowing for engineers and performers to record live events straight to a computer, fantastic for rehearsal studios or bands that want to have higher quality audio for their live video setups.
With all these features and plenty more, the Yamaha MG16XU is a great desk for small - medium functions, if you have any questions about any of these features then feel free to call us on 020 8208 9930.
- 16-Channel Mixing Console
- Max. 10 Mic / 16 Line Inputs (8 mono + 4 stereo)
- 4 GROUP Buses + 1 Stereo Bus
- 4 AUX (incl. FX)
- D-PRE mic preamps with an inverted Darlington circuit
- 1-Knob compressors
- High-grade effects: SPX with 24 programs
- 24-bit/192kHz 2in/2out USB Audio functions
- Works with the iPad (2 or later) through the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit / Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
- Includes Cubase Al DAW software download version
- PAD switch on mono inputs
- +48V phantom power
- XLR balanced outputs
- Internal universal power supply for world-wide use
- Rack Mount Kit Included
- Metal chassis
- Dimensions(W H D): 444 mm x 130 mm x 500 mm (17.5" x 5.1" x 19.7")
- Net Weight: 6.8 kg (15.0 lbs.)