The SPL GoldMike MK2 Dual-Channel Microphone and Instrument Preamplifier is a top quality hybrid valve/solid state stereo front end.
Continuing the success of the original GoldMike, the GoldMike MK2 combines complimentary tube and transistor signal paths to add different sonic flavours to your microphone and instrument recordings. The solid state path is a discrete transistor Class A amplifier circuit, ensuring pristine signal integrity and allowing precise factory optimization, while the symetrical PCB design optimizes the unit for stereo operation by balancing and minimizing crosstalk between the two channels.
Boasting 10Hz-90kHz frequency response and 110dB dynamic range, the SPL GoldMike MK2 is the ideal choice as a versatile analogue input stage for your DAW. Selection of three different tube pre-amplification settings are now possible with the MKii with +6 dB, +12 dB and +18 dB settings, allowing creative variety with the tube saturation and limiting effects. Presence enhancement is taken care of by selectable SPL Flair circuitry, and the pre-output limiter stage is realised using a fast diode-based design.
The SPL GoldMike MK2 offers amazing tonal flexibility and sonic versatility, making it the ideal two-channel frontend for modern production environments.
- Discrete Class A solid stage
- Tube drive in three different intensity levels
- Flair presence enhancement in two switchable settings
- Switching inserts
- Pre-output limiter stage (extremely fast diode-based operation, perfect for A/D converter protection)
- VU metering with three different, switchable display ranges
- Front panel instrument input, separate rear-side microphone and line inputs
- Phantom power, phase reverse, pad and high-pass filter (50Hz)
- Options include 24/192 AD converter and in/output transformers by Lundahl
- Frequency response ‹10Hz to 90kHz (-3dB)
- THD+N (Input level -30dBu, 30dB Gain) 0,016%
- Noise (A-w., R=40Ohm, 30dB Gain) -91,2dBu
- Dynamic range (30dB Gain) 110dB
- E.I.N. 128dBu
- Max. output level (sym., XLR+Jack) +26,8dBu
- Slew rate solid state stage 200V/µs