The MP-500NV is a professional quality microphone preamplifier designed to re-create the vintage sound characteristics of the early 1970s large consoles. Modern components give the MP-500NV more clarity, punch and performance under normal use. In addition, features like metering before and after the major gain stages let the user drive it 'creatively' to greatly expand the range of sonic options. Any microphone will benefit from the power of the MP-500NV preamplifier, including dynamics, condensers and ribbon types. The MP-500NV uses the same audio and metering circuitry found in the NV series preamplifiers. This unit is designed to fit into a '500' series rack using 2 available slots. It receives its power supply from the host rack. The unit is equipped with a HI-Z instrument jack that has its own input amplifier and was designed for 'DI' applications. All specifications and performance details are identical to the NV series preamplifiers with the exception of size, weight, patch jack, -10dBv Out.
The Great River MP-500NV features iron in the signal path for that big vintage sound. Its no-latency output monitoring provides a buffered sound feed to your DAW workstation. The MP-500NV's hi-Z input is ideal to shape the sound for bass, electric guitar, and sound modules. Dual metering provides visual monitoring of gain staging. The ultra-quiet noise floor delivers "stealth" performance for rich, textured vocal sounds. The Great River MP-500NV also has a full +70dB of input gain so you can take that prized ribbon mic out of the cabinet for a rich, creamy sound with all the detail and no muddiness.
Here's the bottom line. The Great River MP-500NV is a golden channel priced for the project studio and equally at home in a world class facility. This preamp has the ability to enhance the sound of high-end mics as well as being able to make inexpensive mics sound better. Just place your trusty SM57 in front of your guitar amp and run it through the MP-500NV, and you'll hear what we mean.
- XLR balanced in and out connections
- hi-Z input on front panel
- Output gain from -25 to +10db; maximum overall gain 70db
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 75kHz
- 2 or 3 stages of single ended solid state amplifier gain blocks
- Gold plated switching contacts
- Front panel polarity, phantom power, input impedance, and output loading switches
- High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers
- Output transistor and transformer with heavy 70ma Class A bias
- Local regulating of each channel
- Long service life components
- Iron in the signal path for that 'Big Vintage Sound'
- Ultra quiet noise floor with 'stealth' performance for rich, textured vocal sounds