The MP-2NV is a Great River Electronics preamplifier that takes the classic circuitry and vintage sound of the 1073 module to a new level of modern sonic fidelity. Accuracy, transparency, and vintage "tuning" amplify this design goal. The circuitry allows for brilliant transformer saturation or the soft distortions of a single-ended amplifier. Extreme pushing of the unit will augment the sound of electric guitars, sound modules, and drums to add vitality, presence, and real punch.
The Great River MP-2NV features iron in the signal path for that big vintage sound. Its no-latency output monitoring provides a buffered sound feed to your DAW workstation. The MP-2NV's hi-Z input is ideal to shape the sound for bass, electric guitar, and sound modules. Dual metering provides visual monitoring of gain staging. The ultra-quiet noise floor delivers "stealth" performance for rich, textured vocal sounds. Finally, you'll hear an enhanced stereo image when using both channels of the MP-2NV.
- XLR balanced in and out connections
- 1/4" -10dbV output for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring
- hi-Z input on front panel
- Adjustable gain in 5db steps to 60db
- Output gain from -25 to +10db; maximum overall gain 70db
- Input and output monitor meters on each channel
- 2 or 3 stages of single ended solid-state amplifier gain blocks
- Gold plated switching contacts
- Front panel polarity, phantom power, input impedance, and output loading switches
- High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers
- Output transistor and transformer with heavy 70ma Class A bias
- Local regulating of each channel
- Long service life components