The ME-1NV (single channel mic preamp) greatly modernizes and improves classic British design. This desktop (and rackable) preamp offers the same definitive sonic fidelity and expert craftsmanship as all Great River products. Transparency and vintage harmonic structure are both achieved with NV-Series preamps.
The ME-1NV achieves new classic performance status with two discrete Class-A gain stages (the dual gain-stage meters are a Great River exclusive), a front-panel DI input jack which is routed via a FET and BJT buffer through the input transformer (also unique to Great River preamps) for must-hear-to-believe sound from all Hi-Z instruments, and a discrete high-current Class-A "big iron" transformer-coupled output amplifier. The ME-1NV is a fundamentally important audio tool that brings out the best in every microphone and instrument.
The ME-1NV has an internal power supply suitable for operation on any power grid. A simple change of fuse and
proper positioning of a voltage selector will adjust the unit for any voltage between 100 and 240 V AC.
The NV Series construction quality is like a beautiful battleship, said one grizzled audio veteran.
- Big Iron Vintage Sound' from custom-wound transformers
- 'No-latency' output monitoring for DAW users
- High-Z input is ideal for bass, guitar, and sound modules (FET-buffered and routed into the input transformer, a Great River exclusive)
- Gain stage monitoring via dual meters (also a Great River exclusive)
- Ultra quiet noise floor for outstanding performance at any gain setting