The Akai APC40 mkII is an Ableton Live controller with heaps of features and functionality to help you get the most out of your favourite music production software.
The APC40 mkII expands on its predecessors design by including most of the same features as the original but in a more spacious layout. The familiar 5x8 clip launch matrix has been given an overhaul with larger RGB LED backlit trigger buttons, individual channel gain controls, and a reworked clip stop/solo/record arm section.
Each of the eight channels has a level fader and there is a ninth channel that operates as a master channel. The APC40 mkII also has an assignable A/B crossfader and whole host of content to get you started straight out the box, including Toolroom artist launch packs, Prime Loops sample packs, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Technology & SONiVOX Twist.
Akai have listened to five years worth of user feedback since the original model was released and the APC40 mkII is the end result; a beautifully balanced controller that puts all the power of Ableton Live at your fingertips.
The Akai APC40 mkII main features include:
- 5x8 RGB LED clip matrix-launches clips with visual feedback
- 8 channel faders, 1 master fader, and 8 device controls-map to Ableton Live directly
- Intuitive layout-revised knob layout with in-line controls for smarter workflow
- A/B crossfader-can be assigned on the fly for dynamic mixing
- Send button-press and hold Send and use the Track Selects to choose one of 8 sends
- Music production content-Toolroom artist launch packs, Prime Loops sample packs, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Technology & SONiVOX