FINALIZER by TC ELECTRONIC A unique mastering tool for any studio, the tc Finalizer enables you to produce the hottest possible final DAT or analogue master tapes, without compromising dynamic range. Finalizer features a 24 bit processor with 20 bit A/D-D/A conversion and a revolutionary three band compressor limiter expander which can be `tuned` for real time glitch free dynamic control, five band EQ (three band parametric plus high and low shelf filters), gain optimiser, de esser, `tube` type saturation effect, auto fade function, dithering and tc`s unique WIZARD function for optimal settings at the touch of a button. Pre sets plus extensive memory capabilities for editing and storage of user settings. Units can be used as stand alone A/D-D/A converters. PCMCIA interface and optional external fader. Balanced analogue I/O plus AES & SPDIF digital interfaces as standard.
- 24/96 resolution A/D, D/A converters
- 45kHz bandwidth; high dynamic range
- Multi band stereo enhancement
- Mono, stereo, and inverse user-defined dithering
- Real time sample rate conversion that supports sample rates from 32kHz to 48kHz. The Word Clock in, AES/EBU or SPDIF inputs may act as the master clock.
- ADAT port for direct analog to lightpipe stereo conversion.
- Word clock input (RCA)
- Ultra stable digital clock
- Two block insert points including parametric EQ, dynamic EQ, De-essing w/ variable Q, MS encode/decode, digital radiance generator, stereo adjust, and external device insert. Plus precise left & right balance in the input path.
- Able to insert digital equipment into an all digtal path so you can use your vintage gear into the Finalizer digital chain.
- Able to insert digital equipment into an all analog path so you can utilize another AES/SPDIF processor with the Finalizer's analog I/O.