The Focusrite RedNet HD32R is a 1U, 19-inch rack-mount Dante interface that provides connections for Pro Tools|HD equipment to Dante digital audio networking systems. The Pro Tools system is connected to the HD32R via standard Mini DigiLink ports. Part of RedNet Focusrite’s RedNet range of modular Ethernet-networked audio distribution systems, HD32R connects to a network via a single Ethernet cable.
Dual Ethernet ports with locking etherCON connectors are provided, with several operating modes including daisy-chaining and redundancy confirmed by front-panel indicators. The HD32R is also fitted with two separate power supplies and fault detection capabilities for failsafe redundancy, with separate power input sockets (with retaining clips) on the rear of the unit.
Focusrite’s RedNet was the first to offer IP networked audio interfaces for recording studio, education, live sound and broadcast workflows. Dante networking offers a powerful combination of features that make it ideal for any Pro Tools HD production environment, and Focusrite’s DC-coupled mic preamplifiers and precision digital conversion ensure the very highest audio quality I/O.
The RedNet HD32R acts as a 64-channel (32 in/32 out) digital break in/out box, operating in the same way as a standard interface, and supporting a wide range of Pro Tools|HDX and HD cards. Supported Pro Tools systems include Pro Tools|HDX, Pro Tools|HD Native, Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt, and Pro Tools|HD TDM. Up to six HD32R modules can be used with a Pro Tools|HDX system and three with Pro Tools|HD, allowing the maximum channel count for either. Simply connect the HD32R to Pro Tools|HD with standard Mini DigiLink connectors.
HD32R allows the use of the low latency performance of Pro Tools|HD cards in place of a RedNet PCIe card, The entire range of Dante-compatible products including the RedNet analogue and digital interfaces can then be used with a Pro Tools|HD system, all connected via Ethernet cable.
• Allows Dante Ethernet-based audio networking products to interoperate fully with Pro Tools|HD & Pro Tools|HDX
• Ethernet and power supply redundancy with auto switchover in case of failure and locking connectors
• Provides the vital link to create an extensive high-quality audio network based on standard Cat 5e or Cat 6 wiring, bringing the latest advances in digital audio networking to Pro Tools|HD
• Cost-effectively increase audio I/O quality and flexibility with RedNet interfaces
• Permits multiple workstations to access the same interface hardware and I/O
• No changes to Pro Tools workflow required – simple, logical assignment of RedNet I/O to Pro Tools|HD inputs and outputs
• Up to 32 I/O with Pro Tools|HD over single DigiLink connection per RedNet HD32R
• Additional Avid/Digidesign interfaces may be connected to expansion ports
• Upgrade to RedNet interfaces while remaining fully compatible with TDM- or AAX-DSP-based plugins and saved sessions