The Keystation 88 II from M-Audio is a MIDI keyboard controller designed for sequencing music and playing virtual instruments on a Mac or PC computer. It features 88 full-size, semi-weighted velocity-sensitive keys, and a series of controls that expand the range of playable notes while also providing expressive capabilities. The keyboard ships with three pieces of software, a virtual piano instrument from SONiVOX, Ableton Live Lite music creation software, and Xpand!2 multitimbral DAW software.
Transport and directional controls allow for playing, performing, and recording with music software without using a mouse or trackpad. A 1/4" (6.3 mm) sustain pedal input accepts an optional control pedal for genuine piano sustain. Lightweight and durable, the controller is USB-powered, class-compliant, and supports USB-MIDI connectivity. Additionally, the unit supports iOS connectivity using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately), enabling one to perform and compose with audio apps on an iPad or another iOS device.
SONiVOX's Eighty-Eight Ensemble is a piano instrument that authentically captures a 9-foot CD327 Steinway piano. Meticulously recorded and expertly sampled, the instrument provides anyone the opportunity to add to their compositions, recordings, and performances the realism of a world-class grand piano. Use the combination patches to layer strings, synth pads, and choral pads with the piano samples to create evolving, lush soundscapes and textures. A sustain pedal input (pedal sold separately) provides additional piano functionality.
Ableton Live Lite is a performance and production program that is perfect for spontaneous composition or improvising, recording, remixing and editing musical ideas in a fluid audio/MIDI environment. Xpand!2 is a multitimbral workstation offering four active sound parts per patch. Each part is available on its own MIDI channel, and features individual note range (zone), mix, arpeggiation, modulation, and effects settings. The four parts can be put together to build a single patch. Everything from wavetables and FM synthesis to sample playback is available, along with thousands of ready-to-play patches.
- 88 full-size velocity-sensitive keys with natural piano feel
- USB-MIDI connection for playing virtual instruments, controlling recording software, and more
- Transport and directional buttons let you operate your DAW from the keyboard
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls for expressive performances
- Sustain pedal input
- USB-powered and supports plug-and-play connectivity to a Mac or PC
- Lightweight design for easy setup and portability
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Ableton Live Lite music performance and creation software
- SONiVOX Eighty-Eight Ensemble, a virtual piano instrument that captures a 9-foot CD327 Steinway piano
- AIR Music Tech Xpand!2 multitimbral all-in-one workstation software