The 1968 is a 1U Tube/FET stereo bus' compressor which by design delivers a transparent open' sound even during periods of heavy compression. Featured on both channels is a switchable BIG' mode which applies less processing to the fundamental low frequency but still disciplines the upward associated harmonics which if untamed can result in a boomy' or boxy' sound. The result - a solid bottom end with enhanced sub-bass and a smoother, wider frequency response overall.
The 1968 is a stripped down' version of the 1969 introduced to the market by customer demand for those not requiring the instrument and mic preamps incorporated in the 2U 1969.
- 2 Channel Tube/FET Compressor
- 2 soft-knee compressors with variable threshold, attack, release and output gain
- Switchable BIG control on each channel
- Dual mono or true stereo link operation
- Side chain access and side chain listen facility
- VU metering of gain reduction and output levels
- Switchable +10dB mode on VU re-scales the meter for users working at hot' output levels.
- VU red warning glow to signify approaching clipping'
- Balanced +4dB XLR in/outs