dbx 166XL COMPRESSOR/LIMITER/GATE With auto attack and release controls and separate precision LED displays for gain reduction, compression, threshold and gate threshold the 166XL allows for quick and accurate set-up. Using our True RMS Power Summing feature, the Stereo couple mode provides you with rock solid stereo image. The 166XL also makes advanced applications a breeze with full sidechain functionality, the ability to use either hard knee or OverEasy compression algorithms and the venerable Peak Stop limiter.
The unit provides the ability to smooth out uneven levels, add sustain to guitars and fatten up drums. It also makes it easy to bring vocals to the front of a mix. The PeakStop limiter helps protect expensive amplifiers and speakers by providing an absolute ceiling for peak excursions or large transients that could damage the equipment.
For simplified operation the 166xs features Overeasy compression technology for smooth and musical performance, while the exclusive AutoDynamic attack and release controls puts great sound within easy reach. The processor has true RMS power summing and features quality input and output connectors. Comprehensive visual feedback is provided by gain reduction metering and backlit switches.
- Error proof operation to smooth uneven levels, add sustain to guitars, fatten drums or tighten up mixes
- New gate timing algorithms ensure the smoothest release characteristics
- Program-adaptive expander/gates
- PeakStop limiter provides an absolute ceiling for peak excursions or large transients for protecting downstream equipment
- Great sounding dynamics control for any type of program material
- Separate precision LED displays for gain reduction, compression threshold and gate threshold allow quick, accurate setup
- Stereo or dual-mono operation
- Balanced inputs and outputs on 1/4" TRS and XLR connectors
- Side Chain insert
- Classic dbx "Auto" mode