ART Pro VLA II - Two Channel Vactrol-based Compressor
The Pro-VLA is a tube driven Vactrol-based Compressor / Leveling amplifier designed to excel in any professional audio application, including tracking, mixing, mastering, live sound or broadcast situations.
By using an opto-electronic design, (as opposed to a more typical VCA driven level detection circuit) the Pro-VLA II allows more compression to be added to an audio source with a more natural, musical sounding output and virtually transparent dynamic leveling. This VCA-less design coupled with a 12AT7 vacuum tube in the gain stage makes the Pro-VLA II the ideal dynamic control device for critical studio and live sound applications.
- Vactrol Opto-Compression Design (no VCA)
- Mastering-Quality Audio Signal Path with Tube Gain Stage
- Enhanced Link Mode - While in stereo link mode, channel 1 level control acts as a master output level and channel 2 becomes a balance control between them, - optimizing the Pro-VLA II for use as a mastering tool
- Variable Threshold, Ratio & Output Controls
- LED Backlit VU Input/Output Level Metering
- LED Metering Indicates Both Average Level And Peak Hold
- Accurate Ten Segment LED Gain Reduction Metering
- +4dBu/-10dBV Mode Switch Optimizes Pro-VLA II For Interface With Professional OR Consumer Grade Components
- Active Balanced XLR And -Inch Inputs & Outputs
- Toroidal Transformer Reduces Mechanical & Electrical Hum