SSL analogue channel processing for your audio workstation
Pro mic preamp with line and instrument level switching
Studio class EQ, Filter and Limiter sections
Variable Harmonic Drive circuit - a time machine of distortion characteristics
Analogue or digital outputs direct to your DAW
With the classic combination of a mic preamp, filter, EQ and dynamics, the XLogic Alpha Channel brings SSL’s sonic legacy bang up to date in an analogue channel strip designed to provide the perfect front end to your digital audio workstation.
With all the features needed to record great vocal or instrument tracks, the Alpha Channel offers a studio class mic pre and processing based on SSL’s years of experience in designing the world’s leading analogue recording consoles. A huge proportion of the music you know and love was recorded on SSL, renowned for the superior audio qualities you’ve heard on countless hit records. That elusive sonic ingredient is here in the Alpha Channel.
* Professional ultra clean mic preamp with line level & Hi Z instrument input switches
* ‘Variable Harmonic Drive’ circuit; a Time Machine of distortion characteristics
* High Pass Filter with selectable 40Hz, 80Hz or 120Hz cutoff frequency
* Built in professional quality Analogue to Digital conversion - as standard
* Auto sample rate sensing and self adjustment
* Three band SSL parametric EQ with mid freq Q control and dual LF curves
* Intelligent auto compression that maximises recording headroom and avoids DAC clipping