The CD-240 from TASCAM plays back CDs, audio files, and online streams, making it the perfect background music player for restaurants, retail, and theme parks. The network streaming section is compatible with DLNA-certified network sources like media servers and mobile devices. Audio files can be played back over a network or USB device, from WAV and MP3 to more esoteric formats like high-resolution DSD, FLAC and Ogg Vorbis files.
The CD player in the CD-240 is TASCAM's in-house drive, designed for years of reliable commercial use. Balanced and unbalanced analog outputs are provided, as well as S/PDIF digital outputs, for integration into any system. The unit can be controlled with a free app for iOS and Android devices, making it simple to change the playlist from anywhere in the facility. With a rich selection of music formats to choose from, the CD-240 is the ultimate music player for demanding installations.
In addition to CDs, the CD-240 supports direct playback of digital audio files over a network. The player accesses files saved on a computer or a NAS drive device on the same LAN. High resolution audio files can be played, including 2.8MHz/5.6MHz DSD or 192kHz/24-bit WAV/FLAC formats. In addition, the CD-240 plays compressed audio formats including MP3, AAC, FLAC, Apple Lossless, and Ogg Vorbis formats.
The CD-240 supports DLNA for simple setup to media servers on a local network.
Internet radio allows terrestrial radio broadcasts (AM/FM) to be accessed over the Internet. In locations where radio reception is difficult, the CD-240 allows you to reliably play stations from anywhere in the world. Using an Internet browser on the network, you can register your favorite stations to the CD-240 for easy recall.
USB flash drives filled with media can be played on the CD-240. There is a jack on the front of the unit for easy access, and a second on the back of the unit for better security when mounted in a rack. Even high resolution audio in 2.8MHz/5.6MHz DSD 192kHz/24-bit WAV/FLAC formats can be played from USB flash drive media.
The front panel USB port allows digital connection of an iPod or iPhone using a USB cable. Play back music in your library at high quality without audio degradation. The USB jack even recharges your device.
The CD-240 uses the same high-quality TEAC-made CD drive designed for audio as other models in the CD-200 series. Developed by TEAC, the CD drive is optimized for audio playback and professional reliability - unlike competing players using computer drives.
In addition to audio CDs (CD-DA), the CD-240 can play data CDs with WAV or MP3 files, even when arranged in folders.
The CD player has a ten-second shockproof function to prevent skipping caused by vibrations. CD data is loaded into memory, so that dropouts less than 10 seconds will not result in skipping.
The AVR Remore app enables operation of the CD-240 from iOS devices like the iPhone and iPod touch, as well as Android devices. AVR Remote can be downloaded for free from the App Store or Google Play. Control the CD-240 by Wi-Fi from an iOS or Android device on a LAN, including track selection and playback, from anywhere in the facility.
- Direct playback using DLNA Play files from a computer or NAS device on the same LAN
- Internet radio playback
- Audio files on USB flash drives can be played back
- Made for iPod/iPhone certified for playback from the front-panel USB jack
- High-quality TEAC-made CD drive designed for audio
- CD player supports numerous audio formats
- Ten-second shockproof memory helps prevent skipping caused by vibrations and other movements
- TEAC AVR Remote app (free download) allows remote control of the unit using an iPhone or Android device
- Large knob with pushbutton makes scrolling through tracks quick and easy
- Register your favorite Internet radio stations using an Internet browser on the same network
- Playback 2.8MHz/5.6MHz DSD files (over LAN or using a USB flash drive)
- Playback 192kHz/24-bit WAV/FLAC files (over LAN or using a USB flash drive
- Dim function for display in low-light environments
- 2 USB ports (A-type)
- 100BASE-T Ethernet connection
- COAXIAL RCA (S/PDIF) digital output
- OPTICAL TOS (S/PDIF) digital output
- XLR/RCA analog output
- Headphones output
- Automatic power saving function
- EIA 2U rackmount size
- Compliant with RoHS