The RME Fireface UFX is a USB & Firewire Audio Interface with a huge selection of input and output options and uses.
The Fireface UFX is the flagship model of RME's audio interfaces, and offers a total of 60 channels of audio. The UFX provides almost every type of popular audio connection in a truly versatile system, which includes digitally controlled high-end preamps, reference class converters and full 192kHz operation.
The Fireface UFX's ultra-low latency operation with USB and FireWire, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance, provides a professional recording solution.
The UFX allows for recording directly onto an external hard drive, using the USB connection on the front of the unit. This is useful for either creating a copy of everything you record, as you record it, or for continuous recording if your computer lets you down.
The Fireface UFX's qualities go beyond what's on its surface, with the inclusion of active jitter suppression, professional reference level support, advanced stand-alone functionality, RME's unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox, and near identical operation and features on Windows and Mac.
- 30 Input Channels, 30 Output Channels
- 12 x Balanced Analogue Inputs
- 12 x Balanced Analogue Outputs, Including Two Dedicated Headphone Outputs on the Front of the Unit
- 4 x Mic/Instrument Preamps, Digitally Controlled using the Front Menu system
- 1 x AES/EBU Input and Output
- 2 x ADAT I/O (or 1 x ADAT I/O plus 1 x S/PDIF I/O optical)
- 1 x Word Clock Input and Output
- 2 x MIDI Inputs, 2 x MIDI Outputs
- 1 x FireWire 400 Connection
- 1 x USB 2.0 Connection For Computer Connection, 1 x USB 2.0 Connection For Recording To Hard Drive
- TotalMix FX Digital Mixer For Signal Routing, with effects including 3-Band EQ, Dynamics, Reverb and Delay