The Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 features four XLR/jack combo drives with the same award-winning preamps as the rest of the Scarlett range. Each preamp has Phantom Power and dedicated Gain controls, while the rear of the unit features MIDI and S/PDIF inputs. There are Line Outputs for connecting to monitors, with a Monitor Level control on the front panel.
The Scarlett 18i8 has USB 2.0 connectivity and can be plugged into a PC, Mac or even an iPad with the Apple Camera Connection Kit (not included). The Scarlett 18i8 comes with the Scarlett plug-in suite, featuring Focusrite compression, reverb, gating and EQ effects.
Additionally, the Scarlett 18i8 comes with Focusrite's Xcite+ bundle with Ableton Live Lite (for production, performance and composition), Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1GB of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
- Four high-quality, award-winning Focusrite preamps
- Total I/O count of 18 inputs and 8 outputs
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz USB interface
- Pro conversion and jitter elimination technology
- Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer/router provides an 18 x 6 DSP mixer with excellent routing flexibility
- Lower than 1.4ms latency
- Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite: Scarlett compression, reverb, gating and EQ
- Xcite+ Software Bundle includes royalty-free loops and samples, Novation Bass-station soft-synth, Ableton Live Lite 8
- Two Hi-Z instrument inputs
- Dedicated front-panel headphone bus
- Switchable phantom power
- Software PFL allows the mix engineer to easily monitor a single mixer channel or complete mix
- Compatibility: MAC OS X 10.6.5 Snow Leopard, Windows 7 (All versions), Windows Vista (32bit only), or Windows XP SP3 (32bit only)