Focusrite RED 4Pre, 58 Inputs / 64 Outputs, Thunderbolt Interface
Focusrite have brought the industry the Red 4Pre, their most versatile audio interface in recent history. While offering 4 built-in microphone preamps and optical inputs for an additional 16, there is huge potential to scale this system to your needs in the future. Also included is the Dante ethernet connectivity, perfect for networking your studio to record from multiple locations within the same building. There are 8 Line Inputs that can be connected via DB25 Loom and 8 Line Outputs also connected via DB25 Loom.
Focusrite claim that this is their lowest round-trip latency in whatever DAW you use. This will enable you to record and edit in real time a variety of material, including live performances and re-amping.
- 4 High Quality microphone preamps for low noise recording straight in to the interface.
- 16 Optical Inputs for the option to expand and add additional equipment, such as the Focusrite Octopre MK II if you wanted to add 8 channels of microphone preamplification.
- 8 Line Inputs for the option to add any line level signals via a DB-25 Loom
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports that allow daisy-chaining of additional components, such as hard drives and displays.
- Dual Ethernet Ports for Dante audio-over-IP networking, allowing for up to 64 additional channels anywhere on your network.
- Low round-trip latency for real time processing and recording of virtual instruments.
Review This Product
Do you already own a RED 4 Pre? We would love to hear what you think about this audio-interface, so leave us a review under the reviews tab to let everyone know what you think of the Focusrite Red 4Pre!