With the TR-8, we have obsessively analysed and faithfully re-created every detail and nuance of the analogue circuitry of these legendary rhythm machines. The boom and snap of the 808. The thud of the 909. The robotic click of an 808 rim shot or a classic 909 snare roll. It’s all here.
Not content with mere recreations however, we have enhanced these classic instruments with capabilities far beyond the original units.
Tune and Decay knobs are now present on every instrument and the Bass and Snare drum modules have dedicated “Attack” and “Comp” knobs allowing for a great variety of tones – from subtle ambient percussion to pounding dance grooves. Per-step effects and the massively addictive “Scatter” function take things into entirely new territory.
With the authentic tone and character of the original units and with new sound tweaking capabilities inspired by legions of users, the TR-8 breathes new life into the sounds we all know and love.Just like the original:
- Full reproduction of the original TR-808 and TR-909 rhythm machines based on original design spec sheets and detailed analogue circuit analysis of various specimens including Roland’s own pristine units
- Newly developed Analogue Circuit Behaviour (ACB) technology allows part-by-part analyses and faithful recreation of tonality and behaviour including the smooth variations of tone that occur when you work the controls of each instrument
- Obsessive attention to detail - like reproducing the original TR’s unique variations in tone that occur when multiple instruments are entered in accented steps
- Build dream kits made up of different instruments from the TR-808 and TR-909
- 16 stunning kits made up of 11 instrument types
- Control the intensity of the Accent function with a dedicated knob
- Per-step Gate Reverb and Delay effects with dedicated, realtime knobs
- Mix sources connected to the External Inputs
- Built-in Side Chain function creates rhythmic ducking and gating effects on External Inputs with per-step control
- Two assignable analogue outputs and full parallel outputs via USB for total mixing flexibility