Gritty and potent but also crafted to perform with extreme accuracy - with almost no warm-up time - the Moog Sub Phatty lets you put your fingers straight to work on the keys to conjure crisp and detailed waveforms, a vibrant and articulate sound ripe with rich sonic density. 25 full-size synth action keys, 16 presets with panel mode, and 31 front panel knobs plug you straight into the analog heart of this powerful instrument, a stunningly aggressive sound design machine able to produce vintage sounds and innovative new ones with equal agility.
Moog's new Multidrive section offers warmth and girth at low settings, but throws out a dizzying snarl when pushed, highly reactive to resonance, waveshape and oscillator level. A fertile ground for experimentation, this new circuit unlocks an undiscovered world of vivid analogue tonalities.
The mixer section offers innovations of its own, with a rich deep sub oscillator and a malleable yet punchy noise generator. But there is also a wide range of parameters just below the surface, and all features are easily accessible from the instrument's front panel, or via the free standalone/plugin editor. Select filter poles, assign wave mod destinations, or specify pitch bend amounts - it's all there. With a streamlined interface and dynamic sound design flexibility, this new synth fuses an unparalleled connection between human & machine, opening the door to unprecedented sonic exploration.
- Sound Engine:Analog
- Number of Keys:25
- Type of Keys:Semi-Weighted
- Other Controllers:Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel#
- Sound Sources:2 Variable Waveshape Oscillators, 1 Square Wave Sub Oscillator, 1 Noise Generator
- Oscillator Calibration Range:22Hz-6.8KHz. Guaranteed note range at 8' of Note 18 to 116
- Mod Sources:Triangle, Square, Saw, Ramp, SH, Filter Envelope
- Mod Destinations:Pitch, Osc 2 Pitch Only, Filter, Waveshape
- Filter:Moog Ladder Filter 20Hz-20Khz
- Audio Input:1xTS
- Audio Output:1xTS, 1xTRS Headphone
- Presets:4 Banks, 4 Patches Per Bank
- MIDI I/O:DIN In, Out, and MIDI over USB
- CV/Gate Inputs:Filter CV, Pitch CV, Volume CV, KB Gate
- Transposition:+/- 2 Octaves