The volca sample is a sample sequencer that lets you edit and sequence up to 100 sample sounds in real time for powerful live performances. It’s a powerful addition to any existing volca setup, or simply on its own. The new volca lets you recapture the excitement of the first generation of samplers, in which any sound --- vocals, spoken words, ambient sound, or glitches --- becomes material for your creations!
Top-level controls make sample tweaking easy
Few samplers give you the kind of hands-on control over your sound as the Volca Sample, whose matrix of step-programmable parameters includes four sample knobs, four pitch knobs, and four amp knobs. Want to pitch down that clap? Twist a knob. Want to draw out the decay? Twist another knob. How about shifting the starting point? You get the idea. With all of these controls at your fingertips, dialing in the sound you want is incredibly fast and freakishly easy.
Simple sequencing delivers sophisticated results
One look at the Volca Sample, and you already know it's setup to handle step sequencing like a champ, but that's far from the extent of this clever little sample player's programable nature. While programming each parameter step-by-step may tickle some people's fancy (and you can totally do that with the Volca Sample too), its motion sequence real-time parameter recording makes automating 11 aspects of your samples in real time a breeze. The results are old-school synth sounds you can program on the fly to give your live performances the edge they need.
AudioPocket iOS app lets you capture samples
Korg bills the Volca Sample as a sample sequencer, but if you have an iOS device handy, then you can easily turn it into a full fledged sampler via the AudioPocket iOS app. With AudioPocket, you can load samples from your computer via iTunes or record new samples directly to your iOS device, where you can prep them and upload them to your Volca Sample (check out the video on this page). Of course, with 100 quality samples onboard, the Volca Sample come preloaded and ready to rock, right out of the box.
- An intuitive and powerful compact sample sequencer module
- Loaded with easy-to-access controls that make tweaking samples fun
- Flexible step sequencer lets you create patterns and chain them into songs
- Motion sequencer records and plays back automation for up to 11 parameters
- Add classic shuffle with the Swing function to create more interesting grooves
- Sculpt samples with the Analog Isolator and the onboard reverb effect
- Record, manage, and download samples from dedicated AudioPocket iOS app
- Sync I/O and MIDI in offer easy compatibility with other Korg gear and DAWs
- Compact size and built-in speaker add extreme portability
- Operates on 6 x AA batteries or KA-350 power adapter (not included)