Simply put, the BOSS DS-1 distortion pedal is a modern classic. For the better part of 30 years, you've heard this orange box put through its paces on countless top rock recordings - from Kurt Cobain's "Nevermind"-era grunge to the renowned distorted tones of Steve Vai. The DS-1 is affordable, it's incredible sounding, and it's a rock pedalboard staple - the perfect first distortion stompbox and one that may well be your last. Whether you pair it with your guitar's single-coil or humbucking pickups, expect rich, dynamic-laden tone with the BOSS DS-1.
Classic Rock Tone
The Boss DS-1 was first introduced in 1987 and ever since rock guitarists everywhere have had this orange box on their pedalboards. Ideal for all types of rock from indie to grunge, the DS-1 is an affordable and versatile investment.
Simple Three Control Layout
The DS-1 has an intuitive three knob control panel - Tone, Level and Distortion. The combination of these three gives you access to a full range of tones from subtle snarl to all-out fuzz. The midrange is scooped which gives a distinct tonal flavour made famous in songs such as Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit".
Trusted Boss Quality
Boss pedals are built like tanks to withstand life on the road. These stomp ready boxes have a rubber stomp area and base to help safeguard against slipping. You can depend on Boss pedals to help you craft your perfect tone.
BOSS DS-1 Distortion Effects Pedal Features:
- Tone, Distortion, and Level controls
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 470 ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise Level: -122 dBu (IHF-A, Typ.)
- Connectors: Input Jack, Output Jack, AC Adapter Jack (9V DC)
- Power Supply: 9V DC, either a Dry Battery 9V type or an AC Adapter
- Current Draw: 4 mA (9V DC)
- Accessories: Dry Battery 9V type (6F22/9 V)
- Optional AC Adapter - Roland PSA-120S
- 2-7/8" W x 5-1/8" D x 2-3/8" H
- Weight: 15 oz