The Korg Kaossilator 2S Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer With Ableton Live Workflow
lets you play melodies and phrases by simply stroking or tapping the XY touchpad with your fingertips. The horizontal axis controls pitch and the vertical axis controls subtle changes in tone.
The sound engine provides 150 different sounds such as standard synth leads, synth bass, acoustic sounds such as piano and guitar, rhythm loops, and single-note drum kits to meet the needs of any style of dance music. A scale/key setting function lets your perform in a specific key without hitting any wrong notes. A note range function lets you change the performing range in one octave units. A gate arpeggiator function automatically generates precise phrases and beats.
A built-in loop recorder function allows you to layer your touchpad performances as many times as you like. By overdubbing the phrases, you can create complex and musically interesting tracks. An undo/redo function allows you to re-record a layer as many times as you like until you are happy with the mix.
For users who like to expand their compositions in full fledged DAW environments, the unit can export a multi-track format in which each overdubbed track is exported separately, a two-channel mix format in which the overdubbed tracks are mixed, as well as an Ableton Live set format. The Ableton Live set format is a project file in which the loop data is already placed within each track of Live. This allows you to leverage Live's powerful session and editing workflow to edit recorded phrases. The unit comes with a copy of Ableton Live Lite to help get you started.
Additional features include a master recorder function that lets you record and save your performance as a WAV file, as well as an internal mic and mic input jack for sampling external audio samples. With battery operation you can take the device with you anywhere and listen to your loops using the built-in speaker.
- A synthesizer that lets you perform freely with the touchpad
- You can play melodies and phrases simply by stroking or tapping the touchpad with your fingertips. The horizontal axis controls pitch, and the vertical axis controls subtle changes in tone. It's easy to perform even if you can't play keyboard, and you're also free to perform unusual phrases that would be impractical to play on a keyboard.
- The sound engine provides 150 different sounds, including standard synth leads and synth bass, acoustic sounds such as piano and guitar, rhythm loops, and single-note drum kits, meeting the needs for any style of dance music.
- Numerous useful functions for touchpad performance are also provided-
- ・ Scale/Key setting function lets you perform in a specified key without producing any wrong notes
- ・ Note Range function lets you change the performing range in units of an octave
- ・ Gate Arpeggiator function automatically generates precise phrases and beats