The microphone features an innovative dual-wall floating construction; the back-cavity assembly 'floats' inside the handle shell, providing outstanding isolation from handling noise.
Output from the microphone's XLRM-type connector is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and 3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output phase is "Pin 2 hot" - positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2.
To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc. For a high-impedance (Hi-Z) mic input, connect a Lo-Z balanced cable to a Hi-Z matching transformer (A-T CP8201 or equal) at the equipment input.
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Durable performance for professional applications
- Special dual-wall floating construction reduces handling noise and assures consistent performance from mic to mic
- Hi-ENERGY neodymium magnet for articulate vocal reproduction
- Multi-stage grille design offers excellent protection against plosives and sibilance without compromising high-frequency clarity
- Quiet-Flex stand clamp provides silent, flexible microphone positioning
- Corrosion-resistant contacts from gold-plated XLRM-type connector
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use