The legendary SM58 Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone is now available with the X2u USB Signal Adapter, that connects any XLR microphone to a computer USB port and which features built-in headphone monitoring with zero latency, and easy controls to balance microphone and playback audio.
The SM58 is the most popular choice of vocal artists all over the world. Combined with the X2u, it can be easily connected directly to a computer without the need for any additional hardware. This makes it ideal for a home recording studio or recording on the move.
The X2u is compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000 and Max OS X (10.1 or later). It features a built in headphone jack so that you can monitor the sound without the need for an additional sound card. It also includes an integrated pre-amp with mic gain control which allows you to control the signal strength.
Latency can be described as the time taken between initiating a request in the computer and receiving the answer. You can expect zero latency monitoring with the X2u. Zero-latency monitoring means real-time playback and multi-tracking without delay and 16bit/48 kHz sample rate provides better-than-CD-quality audio.
With monitor mix control (which is featured on the X2u) you can blend the mic signal and audio playback as you desire.
- Dynamic microphone cartridge with a frequency response tailored with brightened mid-range and bass rolloff to deliver legendary warm and clear vocal reproduction
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern isolates vocal sound sources while minimizing background noise
- Internal pneumatic shock mount minimizes handling noise
- Legendary construction and versatility for consistent performance under rugged use and abuse on stage or in the studio
- USB pug and play connectivity
- Compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, and Mac OS X (10.1 or later)
- Integrated pre-amp with microphone gain control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero latency monitoring for real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack with volume control for monitoring
- Monitor mix control for blending microphone and playback audio
- Provides +48V phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Includes 3m USB cable and zippered pouch