The Shure BETA 98/S is a compact, high-output, supercardioid condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. Its extremely uniform supercardioid pickup pattern provides high gain before feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise.
Its high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) makes it useful for a variety of acoustic instruments, including drums, percussion, piano, reed, wind, and string instruments. The BETA 98/S can also be used for amplified guitars.
The BETA 98D/S includes the A98D drum mount. The A98D drum mount has a specially designed gooseneck that allows the microphone to be positioned freely, yet holds it securely in place once the ideal placement has been found. The BETA 98/DS is also supplied with a windscreen, storage bag, preamplifier (RPM626), and an interconnect cable. The preamplifier can be powered by any 48 Vdc phantom power supply
- Tailored frequency response for studio quality performance
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments - 160dB max SPL
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Detachable cable for easy storage
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges with different polar patterns are available
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability