The TM-60 is a lightweight, easy-to-use condenser microphone powered by a single AA battery. By using a battery rather than phantom power, this microphone helps to reduce your overall power consumption and makes it the perfect choice for mobile recording with handheld recorders, mobile interfaces or Portastudios where more power means more recording time. The TM-60 offers a wide frequency response for precise and smooth reproduction of virtually any sound source from vocals to instruments. Its unidirectional pattern can suppress sounds from the sides and rear, helping to bring out the intended source.
The TM-60 is a condenser microphone opposed to dynamic microphones which are usually being used in live performances. Unlike dynamic mics, a condenser mic does not need a relatively heavy magnet and voice coil to convert acoustic waves into electrical signals. Instead, it uses a diaphragm coupled to an electrical condenser where vibrations are converted to changes in capacitance, realising a lightweight structure that helps to create a wider and smoother frequency response. To derive a signal from the changes in capacitance, electrical power is required.
Condenser microphones are largely divided into two categories according to the size of diaphragm. Large-diaphragm mics are more expensive and have a higher SPL capability, while small-diaphragm types are more robust, sound very good on low and high frequencies and have less colouration.
The TM-60's frequency response is typical for a small-diaphragm mic with a smoothly increased high end that allows anybody to get a clear, crisp sound.
The polar pattern of a microphone shows how well the mic picks up the sound from different directions (directivity). The TM-60 has a unidirectional, or cardioid, pattern. This type of directivity is ideal for vocals and other single sound sources because it mainly picks up the sound from the front and reduces sounds from the sides and rear. This pattern also helps to avoid feedback when used in the vicinity of loudspeakers.
Standard condenser microphones require external phantom power for their operation. If such phantom power of 24 volts or 48 volts is supplied by the recorder, its battery runs out quickly.
The TM-60 is operated by a single AA battery inserted in the microphone, so the recorder does not have to supply phantom power and the microphone does not draw on the recorders battery. To extend battery life, you can can switch the microphone off when not used.
- Condenser microphone for capturing precise, high-definition sound
- Small diaphragm type, can be used for vocals or instruments
- Unidirectional (cardioid) pattern is ideal for single sources like vocals, acoustic guitar, wind instruments etc.
- Runs on battery power only, ideal for mobile recording where phantom power would reduce the systems uptime
- On/Off switch to prevent feedback or unwanted noise and to preserve battery power when not used
- Perfect for Tascam products like handheld recorders, mobile interfaces and Portastudios
- Included accessories: wind screen, desktop mic stand, mic clip, 5/8-inch to 3/8-inch screw adapter, XLR cable, soft case