Studiospares S2000 Condenser Microphone
A dual-capsule design with back to back 35mm Gold capsules operating via a VPM (Voltage Phase Matrix) which maintains a highly predictable polar pattern. The capsules are pre-aged to ensure they maintain their tight tolerances for life not just for a few months. They are polarised by an elevated voltage which increases the output and keeps noise to a minimum.
The front-end design is based on a pair of JFETs which yield the lowest noise platform currently available. They also allow a wide overload margin allowing the S2000 to function without compromise in any situation within the recording studio, whether for instruments or vocalists. The S2000 can easily handle the wide range of sound levels found in a studio. Excessive SPLs are contained by switching in the -10dB attenuator.
- Frequency Range 20Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity -37dB +/- 2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @1kHz)
- Output Impedance ≤ 200 ohms
- Max SPL 125dB for 0.5% THD
- S/N Ratio 76 dB
- Powering 48v phantom power
- 10 dB pad and low-cut filter at the back
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Figure-of-8, Omni
- Includes an elastic suspension and foam windshield.
This model is the product of a long line of multi pattern condenser microphones so benefits from an extended development programme.