Developed for discerning live sound professionals, the new Beta 27 large diaphragm supercardioid condenser microphone accurately targets sources like acoustic, wind and electric instruments for concise, accurate sound with a minimum of bleed.
The Beta 27 has amazing performance, with low self-noise, consistent, highly directional polar response, exceptional low-frequency reproduction, extremely high SPL handling, high output level, extended frequency response, no crossover distortion.
Use with Many Instruments and Applications
It's designed for a variety of instruments and applications, including electric guitar and bass amplifiers, brass and woodwind instruments, orchestras, choirs, and wind ensembles, overhead miking of drums and percussion instruments, close-miking of acoustic instruments such as piano, guitar, violins, drums, and percussion, low-frequency instruments such as double bass and kick drum and vocals and speech.
This microphone also comes with a Stand Adapter and Padded Zippered Pouch.
- Supercardioid polar pattern specifically targets the sound source consistently with greatly minimized bleed from off-axis sound sources
- Tailored for superior transient response from a low-mass, 1" externally-biased, ultra-thin 24 Karat gold-layered Mylar® diaphragm
- Flat, neutral frequency response for natural reproduction on stage or in the studio
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted background noise or counteract proximity effect for consistent, extended lowend
- -15 dB switchable attenuator handles extremely high SPLs with ease
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Internal pop filter with three separate mesh layers reduces wind and breath noise.
- Includes Stand Adapter and Padded Zippered Pouch
- Type: Condenser (externally biased)
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Impedance: 160
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage): -37 dBV/Pa, 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1 THD):
- 1000 load: 134 dB (148 dB, Pad on)
- 2500 load: 140 dB (154 dB, Pad on)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz):
- 85.5 dB
- S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted
- Dynamic Range (at 1 kHz):
- 1000 load: 125.5 dB
- 2500 load: 131.5 dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20 kHz): > 50 dB
- Clipping Level (20Hz-20 kHz at 1 THD):
- 1000 load: 2.0 dBV
- 2500 load: 8.5 dBV
- THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL
- Self Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 8.5 dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight: Net: 428 g (15.1 oz.)
- Attenuator: -15 dB
- Low Frequency Response: flat; -6 dB/octave below 115 Hz; -18 dB/octave below 80 Hz
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Power Requirements: 48 Vdc phantom, 5.6 mA