Audio-Technica AE3000 Condenser Microphone
Its large-diaphragm capsule combines with the open architecture of the headcase to provide an extremely accurate and open sound. Its low-profile side-address design with tapered grille allows for optimal positioning.
The AE3000 is intended for use in professional applications where remote power is available. It requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power, which may be provided by a mixer or console, or by a separate, in-line source such as the Audio-Technica AT8801 singlechannel or CP8506 four-channel phantom power supplies.
Output from the microphone's XLRM-type connector is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and 3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output phase is "Pin 2 hot" - positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2.
To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc.
An integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The roll-off position reduces the microphone's sensitivity to popping in close vocal use. It also reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically-coupled vibrations.
The AE3000 includes an AT8471 isolation clamp to provide secure mounting, versatile positioning, and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise.
- Excels in high-SPL applications
- Large-diaphragm capsule combines with the open architecture of the headcase to provide an extremely accurate and open sound
- Low-profile side-address design with tapered grille allows optimal positioning of element vis- -vis sound source
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Robust design for enduring dependability on the road
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad