AKG Podcaster Essentials
The AKG Podcaster Essentials kit includes everything you’ll need to transform your computer, tablet or smartphone into a professional-quality production studio.
The kit features:
- AKG Lyra Ultra HD multimode USB microphone
- AKG K371 professional closed-back headphones
- Ableton Live 10 Lite audio-production software
- A free introductory recording course at Berklee Online
- A full set of accessories including cables and headphone splitter
With all this you’ll be ready to record your podcasts in a matter of minutes whether you are in the studio or out on location.
AKG Lyra USB Microphone
For 70 years, the world’s top recording studios and concert stages have relied on AKG microphones to craft today’s biggest hits. AKG Lyra brings that legendary acoustic engineering to a versatile USB microphone for your smartphone, tablet or computer that records pristine audio in 24-bit/192 kHz Ultra HD quality and offers four user-selectable focus patterns to match any performance or source:
Front: Focuses sensitivity at the microphone’s front, isolating your target sound from distracting background noise and rejecting unwanted sounds at the back and sides. Ideal for single podcast hosts.
Front + Back: Picks up sound equally on all sides and sums to mono—perfect for dual hosts and face-to-face interviews.
Tight Stereo: True stereo image with discrete left and right audio; provides great separation for side-by-side interviews, panel discussions and duets.
Wide Stereo: Provides greater stereo separation and depth than Tight Stereo; ideal for capturing many interview subjects and documentary-style ambient sounds.
- 4K-ready, Ultra HD, 24-bit/192 kHz resolution with a full-spectrum frequency response of 20 Hz–20 kHz
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, Android and iOS devices (see system requirements for full support)
- Adaptive Capsule Array technology provides four intuitive capture modes: Front, Front + Back, Tight Stereo and Wide Stereo
- Easily accessible controls:Capture Mode Selection, Input Gain Control, Output Volume, Microphone Mute
- Camera-ready, vintage-modern design
- Self-adjusting shock mount reduces surface contact noise
- Built-in sound diffuser and proprietary Internal Element Overload Prevention reduce noise and pops and improve signal levels
- Integrated desktop stand with cable-management channel can be removed to mount microphone on a boom or traditional mic stand
- S/N ratio: 98 dB
- Zero-latency monitoring via 3.5mm headphone jack
- Frequency response: 20 Hz–22 kHz
- Output impedance: 16 ohms
- Power output (RMS): 24 mW
- USB C 2.0 output
AKG K371 Headphones
AKG K371 Professional Studio Headphones combine performance, accuracy and supreme comfort in a compact, folding design that’s ideal for production in the studio or on location. K371s are precision-engineered to match AKG’s Reference Response acoustic target to reproduce natural, balanced audio in extraordinary detail. Their high sensitivity, 50mm drivers deliver deeper bass and higher highs than any other model in their class, with a stunning frequency response of 5 Hz to 40 kHz.
The K371s’ over-ear, closed-back design provides superior isolation in noisy environments and prevents sound bleed into your microphone while recording. Headphones feature a gorgeously styled with plush, slow-retention foam pads and an adjustable calibrated headband for a perfect fit, every time. Earcups swivel 90 degrees for single-ear monitoring, and their feather-light weight keeps ear fatigue at bay during the lengthiest of podcast recordings.
- Closed-back, oval over-ear design offers superior isolation, improved low-frequency response, ergonomic fit
- Engineered to match AKG’s Reference Response curve acoustic target for accurate, neutral sound
- Largest-in-class, titanium-coated 50mm transducers with pure OFC voice coils
- Best-in-class frequency response: 5 Hz to 40 kHz
- Superior sensitivity: 114 dB
- Calibrated headbands with slow-retention oval foam pads offer precise fit, superior comfort
- Earcups swivel 90 degrees for single-ear monitoring
- Ultra-light weight: 224 grams
- Robust build quality with metal parts for extra durability
- Sleek, stylish design
Ableton Live 10 Lite
Feed your creativity with this fast, flexible, lightweight version of Ableton’s Live 10 audio production software. This streamlined application gives you everything you need to quickly and easily produce pro podcasts, with robust, intuitive features that let you edit together takes, add sound effects, shape the sound of your voice and even create your own background music.
Berklee Online Recording Course
This four-part course provides a broad introduction to audio production, from microphones to multitracking. You’ll learn about recording gear and techniques, working with digital audio, critical listening, polishing your mixes, and much more.