Conceived engineered and built with precision in the United Kingdom VX Series represents the latest evolution of Tannoy’s core philosophies in professional loudspeaker design. VX 8 is a new evolution of the highly successful and ubiquitous V8 renowned for its exceptional performance and versatility making it a premier choice for almost any typical situation. It provides a compact yet punchy and sonically vibrant solution for small-to-medium scale performance sound reinforcement and more demanding BGM such as loud fashion retail outlets and bars and small clubs. The VX 8 has also been acoustically matched with the wider range of VX Series models making it a perfectly capable component within much larger installations.
Audio connection is via screw-in binding posts on the flush-mounted termination panel while an extensive range of high performance steel mounting hardware is available custom designed for VX 8. This includes a yoke bracket and omni-mount for wall and ceiling location as well as eyebolt location points and a VTH top-hat for pole-mounting. All hardware has been tested and certified to guarantee greater than 5:1 safety ratio – giving installers complete peace of mind.
The VX 8 is available in black or white textured paint finish as standard with matching grilles and is also available in custom matched RAL colours as an option. A weather proof specification (WP) is also available as an option. This includes LINE-X™ cabinet outer-coating internal prism sealing and treated transducers with perforated Grade 316 Stainless Steel grilles. All steel hardware is upgraded to Grade 304 SS while all connector panel points are protected by a cover plate and weather-proof cable gland. Additional lead time applies to all non-standard specifications.
• 200mm (8”) Dual Concentric full-range driver
• Tightly controlled 90 degree for optimum coverage and forward gain
• Peak output 119 dB rec. amp power 260 W @ 8 Ohms
• Versatile mounting via optional custom designed hardware
• Integrip™ handle ergonomically integrated into top of cabinet and pole-mountable for optimum portability.
• Exceptional sound and performance for a cabinet of this size
• Rugged and highly compact birch plywood enclosure
• Available in black or white textured paint finish – custom colours optional.
• Available in weather proof specification (optional)
• Engineered and built in UK