An exceptional piece of acoustic design, the PSI Audio A225-M sub-woofer/bass extension is equally suited to use as a mono sub-woofer in a surround sound application or as a bass extension in a stereo system.
Designed to work in harmony with the PSI Audio A225-M Sub, all PSI Audio ‘A’ series speakers feature a frequency response roll-off function that, when combined with the PSI Audio A225-M Sub, extends the frequency range down to an incredible 24 Hz, whilst maintaining a flat response.
The powerful class G outputs feature PSI Audio‘s unique “AOI” output stages, giving the A225-M an unprecedented impulse behaviour. Each driver and amplifier unit is secured by a protection circuit, which is monitored by a red LED on the front panel.
The electronics are housed in a unit mechanically isolated from the speaker cabinet to avoid resonance at high sound pressure levels. To provide stability and avoid cabinet resonance A225-M is built with a double-box design, combining two cabinets into a single beautifully finished unit.
- Built in anti-resonance system in a double box cabinet.
- Glass G Low temperature amplifier stage.
- Amplifier unit acoustically uncoupled from speaker cabinet.
- Real balanced input and output for satellite systems.
- Protection circuits with overload indicator.
- Designed for stereo and multichannel monitoring.
- Magnetically shielded
- Phase and amplitude response compatible with all PSI Audio monitors.
- AOI - Adaptive Output Impedance Technology.
- CPR - Compensated Phase Response Technology.
- PSC - Phantom Standby Correction Technology.
Dimensions cabinet W x H x D mm
320 x 700 x 500
Gross / Net Weight
43.1 / 38.4
Response at -6dB
24 - 120 Hz
Continuous Max SPL, 1m
111 dB (single)
Program Max SPL, 1m
116dB / half space
Woofer's dim. Ext. / Diaphragm
2x Ø 258 mm / Ø 210 mm