KRK Rokit RP5 Studio Monitor - Platinum
KRK's popular Rokit series of studio monitors is now available for a limited time in a striking platinum finish. The G3 version of the Rokit active moniter provides a broader frequency response and an adjustment in power for better balance along with several other enhancements.It features a front-firing port that provides low frequency extension without boundary coupling, an improved speaker voicing for even more accurate frequency response, a 1" silk dome tweeter, and a 5" Aramid glass composite woofer. They are lightweight, low profile and are offered at a price that makes professional-level monitoring affordable for even the most humble studios.
Other monitors have ports on the back of the cabinet. These rear-firing ports tend to create bass coupling with walls and corners amplifying low frequency information which will color your mix. The KRK Generation 3 Rokit studio monitor's design includes front-firing ports, which are just the right shape and taper to reduce port turbulence. You'll appreciate the clean and accurate bass performance this approach delivers, even at high SPL's.
A great-sounding monitor doesn't stop with a great cabinet and custom drivers. KRKs true bi-amplified amplifier system provides discrete low-distortion power for each driver. While the active crossover systems provide smooth and accurate frequency response, and again, accurate diffraction control.
- Bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion
- Proprietary waveguide optimized for superior imaging
- 1" Soft-dome tweeter provides pristine clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- High-frequency adjustment tailors the system to personal taste
- Lightweight, glass-Aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- Low-frequency adjustment tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics
- Front Firing Port - Low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling
- Radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction
- Low-resonance enclosure for minimized distortion and colorization
- Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, 1/4", RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface
- Peak SPL : 106dB
- Frequency Response 45Hz - 35kHz (+/- 2 dB)