The Focal CMS SUB subwoofer is designed to combine performance and compactness. The light and rigid woofer is light and rigid for a neutral distortion free response. The sub gives tights and controlled bass and an reproduce the smallest details accurately.
The CMS SUB woofer was designed to be extremely efficient, to make the most out of amplifier headroom, making sure that you can hear the slightest changes to compression settings. The CMS SUB is part of Focal's compact CMS range with acoustically transparent Aluminium enclosures optimised for maximum rigidity and damping. The Polyglass cone, developed by Focal themselves, is designed for neutral sound with no colouration.
Focal's CMS SUB has numerous settings (low-pass filter + sound level + entirely adjustable phase, phase reversal, Footswitch input, MUTE) The acoustic coupling between the subwoofer and monitors is excellent. You can turn to a 2.1 configuration and keep your habits and marks you acquired with a 2.0 system.
The 300W RMS BASH technology amp means you get AB amplification quality combined with class D efficiency. LFE left and right inputs and outputs give simplified connections and upgrade possibilities. You can upgrade from a 2.1 configuration to a 5.1 without any extra gear.
- Frequency response: (+/- 3dB) 30Hz - 250Hz
- Maximum SPL: 113dB SPL (peak @ 1 m)
- Input: Left, Right, LFE
- connector: Electronically balanced / 10kOhms
- Sensitivity: Female 3 pins XLR, Variable Output (to satellites) Connector: Left, Right, Male 3 pins XLR in parallel on inputs
- Amplifier: 300W rms, BASH technology
- Subwoofer Section
- Left + Right mono summation
- LFE + lo-passed mono sum
- 24dB/octave variable lo-pass filter
- Phase adjustment