Dynaudio BM5A MkII Studio Monitor
One of our best selling active studio monitors gets a refresh. Well... it's more of a tweak actually! The Dynaudio BM5 active monitors have always been highly regarded and held up against much more expensive speakers. The latest BM5 mkIII speakers deliver greater SPL, and a wider frequency response than before, bringing them to a point where they surpass other monitors in a similar price range. The BM5 mkIII delivers neutral, unbiased, balanced sound in perfect small-medium studio format.
The other great update in the BM5 mkIII is that it comes bundled with a free IsoAcoustics isolation stand! Decoupling your speaker from your desk (and angling it correctly) is quite often the solution to a whole range of acoustic issues in a studio, so to have a free, professionally-made decoupling stand bundled in with the BM5 mkIII monitors is a fantastic selling point.
Still featuring high quality materials, hand assembled in Denmark, Dynaudio take great pride in the consistency and reliability of their BM series monitors. Get a pair of BM5s for your studio - you won't regret it!
Here's what Dynaudio say about the BM5 mk3 Studio Monitor
The BM5 mkIII is the next generation of the tremendously successful BM5A MKII. With greater SPL, broader frequency and power response compared to the previous model, its ultra-high dynamic range and hand-crafted drivers deliver performance superior to many larger, more expensive monitors.
- Extended excursion 7" woofer with pure aluminium voice coil.
- 1.1" soft dome tweeter with pure aluminium voice coil.
- Flexible operation with XLR and RCA inputs
- Bundled with IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 speaker stand for decoupling and proper angling.
- Optional Dynaudio Professional Volume Box for precision level control
- Made in Denmark
- Higher SPL and greater frequency and power response to many others in its class.
- 50W LF and 50W HF RMS Class D amplifier with DSP crossover.
- 118dB SPL peak power output.
- Frequency response of 42Hz-24kHz
- Extended bass with BM9S II or 14S II precision subwoofers.
- HF, MF, LF analog room filters allow flexible positioning.
- High pass filters at 60/80Hz for perfect subwoofer adoption.
- Input sensitivity switch (-10/+4dB range).
- Input level for 85 dB SPL @ 1m, @ 0 dB setting, unbalanced: 80 mVrms
- Max input level (@setting): 4.8 Vrms (-10dB) 1.5 Vrms (0dB) 1 Vrms (+4dB)
- Power consumption: Standby: 0.3 W Idle: 5.8 Max: 94 W
- Amplifier power: Tweeter: 50 Woofer: 50 W
- Max SPL 1m, normal room, short term IEC signal: 118 dB peak
- Frequency Response: (+/- 3dB): 42 Hz - 24 kHz
- Resonance Frequency: 45 Hz
- Bass Principle: Bass reflex
- Internal Cabinet Volume: 9.5 litres
- Weight: 7.7 kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 186 x 320 x 296 mm
- Crossover: 2 way
- Crossover Frequencies: 1900 Hz
- Crossover Slope: 12 dB/oct
- Connection: XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced
- Recommended Placing: Desktop or stands
- D-281 - 28 mm soft dome, rear chamber, magnetic fluid, 4 mm aluminium front, pure aluminium wire voice coil
- 180mm moulded aluminium frame/ one piece thermo formed MSP cone
- 75 mm voice coil with pure aluminium wire on aluminium former.
- Designed to be placed on a desk/stands.
- 18 mm MDF
- Crossover: Active, DSP based
- Input sensitivity selector
- HF, MF and LF trim selector
- High pass frequency selector
- Auto standby/On selector
- Optional remote volume control (Volume Box)