Denon DN-304S Active Sudio Monitors
Studio-grade sound for any desktop
The two-way DN-304S is a high quality bi-amplified loudspeaker, delivering impressive wide-range, high-output sound from a trim, space-saving design. It provides a level of acoustic performance that convincingly exceeds what you get from built-in computer speakers, making it ideal for use in business, education and media production space-constrained settings.
High Quality Components
The DN-304S system is comprised of two matched cabinets. Each cabinet contains a long-excursion 4-inch polypropylene-coated woofer and a 1-inch ferrofluid-cooled tweeter. The tweeter is mounted in a proprietary waveguide that controls its dispersion, ensuring optimum listening-area sound coverage, free from the random "splatter" of too-wide dispersion designs or the restricted "flashlight beaming" coverage of too-narrow dispersion designs.
The Left speaker contains the system's stereo amplifier, rated at 20 dynamic watts per channel. The amplifier utilizes class A/B architecture. Class A/B amplifiers have superior clipping headroom and overload characteristics compared to the Class D amplifiers that are commonly used in conventional powered speakers. This is a major contributing factor to the smooth sound quality of the DN-304S.
In addition, the cabinets are made of Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), a dense, acoustically-inert material that prevents the cabinet vibrations that would otherwise diminish the system's clarity. This is a huge advantage over similar-looking consumer speakers, most of which use thin, vibration-prone molded plastic housings.
Easy to Use
Ease of use and flexible connectivity were also major considerations in the DN-304S's design. Conveniently located on the Left speaker's front panel is the system's volume control, an Auxiliary input jack for connecting other devices and a Headphone output for private listening.
With its top-grade driver elements, Class A/B amplification, and resonant-free MDF cabinets, the DN-304S delivers a level of acoustic performance that is perfect for business conferences, educational settings, retail kiosk presentations/demonstrations and media production monitoring. If you require superior performance compared to conventional compact consumer powered speakers -- even when space is at a premium -- the DN-304S was made for you.
Denon DN-304S Key Features:
- Designed for media playback, editing rooms, and classroom A/V
- High performance monitoring system (stereo)
- 4" polypropylene-coated woofers for tight, accurate bass
- 1" ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters for detailed, intelligible high frequencies
- Proprietary wave guide for optimum sound coverage
- 20-watt-per-channel Class A/B amplifier
- Rear-ported bass reflex design for deep, extended low frequency response
- Rear-panel 1/4-inch (6.3mm) TRS balanced and RCA unbalanced inputs
- Front-panel 1/8-inch (3.5mm) stereo auxiliary input
- Front-panel 1/8-inch headphone jack
- Front-panel volume control