The AVANTONE MixCubes are active,shielded, high resolution, full-range mini-reference monitors perfect for any studio environment where attention to detail in the mix is essential.
The design of the Mixcubes is inspired by the familiar small speaker design that is used in recording facilities the world over to ensure that mixes sound good on smaller playback systems. The need for a studio monitor that identifies any flaws in the mid-range is critical when mixing for any type of broadcast whether it be for radio,TV or internet.
Even though you want your mix to be played out in clubs with excellent sound systems there is still a need to hear what your mix will sound like on bass challenged systems such as the TV, Car or computer / multimedia speaker which is where most people might first be introduced to your sound - and so it is imperative that your mix comes across as good as possible best on these types of systems. This is where the Avantone MixCubes come in.
Mixcubes pay special attention the critical mid-range area where most instruments and vocals reside. MixCubes all you to hear the mid-range in details so that you can adjust tone,level and balance so that each instrument or voice sits comfortably in the mix so that each can be heard. Maybe you will discover that a particular keyboard part clashes with a guitar part and precedence has to be given to one or the other to prevent the mid-range becoming too `“crowded`”. Or a backing vocal is too loud and swamps the lead or other hitherto un-noticed problems may come to light as you are able to focus on the most important part of your mix. Careful attention to the all-important mid-range will force you to make decisions that will ultimately make your mixes sound better no matter what sound system they will played on which is why the Avantone Mixcubes are such a valuable investment for any recording facility large or small.
- System Type : Active (Self-powered) shielded full-range stereo pair
- Frequency Response : 90Hz - 17,000Hz (useful musical range)
- Driver Impedance : Nominal 8 ohms
- Max SPL : 104db @ 1 meter = 1%THD (PINK NOISE)
- Amplifier Type : Class A/B
- Amplifier Power : 60 watts RMS@ .005% THD (1KHz)
- Amp Frequency Response : 22Hz-50KHz +0dB/- 3dB (90Hz-50KHz +/-0dB)
- Noise : S/N -113 dB
- Sensitivity : 0dBu (.775VRMS) input at maximum volume (+6dB) = 104dB SPL
- Driver : Proprietary design 5.25" cast aluminum frame / paper cone / shielded
- Cabinet : sealed / 18mm MDF / Dacron acoustical stuffing
- Inputs : XLR & TRS (COMBO JACK) +4/Balanced and -10 unbalanced
- Weight : 7 lb 5 oz (per speaker)
- Dimensions : 165mm x 165mm x 165mm
- GROUND LIFT Switch: By engaging this switch the pin 1 shield is lifted at the input jack. This can be used to aid in ground loop control of the incoming analog line signal.