Mackie S512 Passive PA Speaker - Single
The Mackie S512 is a high-output passive PA speaker system, and is part of the S500 passive loudspeaker series. Designed to provide all the power and performance required for a modern PA system.
The S512 features a single 12-inch low-frequency driver, and 1-inch high frequency driver wrapped in a PVC vinyl-coated wood enclosure. This provides superior performance and extended low-frequency response that is free from unwanted rattles. The enclosure also includes substantial internal bracing and adiabatic acoustic baffling to help reduce cabinet vibrations, mid-range resonance, and minimize cone bleed.
Although passive, the S512 also features a unique HF Protection circuit, that insulates the high-frequency driver from damage when driven hard. So, if the system is running beyond the limits of the speakers, the protection circuit will engage, and restrict power to the driver, preventing any long term damage. Once operating levels have been reduced, speaker performance will return. Connection to and from (thru) the S512 is made via Neutrik NL4 Speakon connections and 1/4-inch jack plugs, allowing wiring flexibility when only one amplifier channel is available.
The S512 is perfect for users that need a flexible, high-performance modular system. Combine the S512 with Mackies popular PPM Series Powered Mixer for a powerful system that's easy to transport and set up. Or, integrate with Mackie FRS Series Power Amplifiers and SP260 Speaker Processor for a completely optimised passive system, with the flexibility and performance you need.
Mackie S512 Key Features
- Class-leading power handling for professional shows
- 250W RMS, 500W program and 1000W peak performance
- Precision, high-output transducers
- 12-inch low-frequncy driver
- 1-inch high-frequency driver
- Rugged, professional PVC vinyl covered wood enclosures with protective edge bumpers
- Wide-dispersion 90 x 50 high-frequency horn
- HF protection circuitry reduces high-frequency output to protect against driver damage
- NL4 and 1/4" input and thru connections for connecting multiple units on a single amp channel