Returned as unsuitable - speakers have been unpacked but are otherwise new and unused. Full warranty.
The Fluid Audio FX8 Active Studio Monitors Pair is a pair of active studio monitors, with an 8" Woofer, a 1.2" Silk Tweeter, 130 Watts. Unlike any monitor in it’s price range, the FX8s employ a dual concentric driver – sometimes called a “coaxial”. Coaxial drivers, found in such world renowned monitors as the Manley ML10, sound great because all frequencies coming from the tweeter and woofer radiate from the exact same position. This is critical for accurate off-axis response as well as phase coherence. The built-in waveguide provides it with wide dispersion and an expansive sweet spot.
The Fluid Audio FX8 Studio Monitors also utilize an external amplifier heat sink to avoid over heating after a long days use in the studio whilst the incorporation of a magnetic shield inside the unit removes any interference from other electronic equipment such as fans, phones and laptops to optimize efficiency.
As appose to many traditional monitors the incorporation of the unique volume control at the front of the FX8 Active Studio Monitors allows for easy access and quick control over the output of the speaker pair whilst the addition of both XLR , 1/4" jack balanced inputs and a RCA unbalanced input make the Fluid Audio FX8 Studio Monitors simple and easy to connect with most commercial or home studio set ups.
- Bi-amplified design with 130 watts of Class A/B power for coherent and accurate sound reproduction
- 8" Low frequency drivers with composite paper cones for powerful and dynamic lows
- Coaxial mounted 1.2" silk dome hi-frequency drivers with integrated waveguides create a flat response and point-source accuracy
- Optimized, front-loaded slot port for direct radiating low frequency energy
- Magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment
- XLR balanced. 1/4" balanced and RCA unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, interfaces, etc
- Unique fader volume control on front baffle for easy access
- External amplifier heat sink to maximize efficiency while keeping temperature low
- Includes acoustic isolation pad
- Balanced Inputs: XLR, 1/4" Jack
- Unbalanced Input: RCA
- Input Impedance: 20K ohm Balanced / 10K ohm Unbalanced
- Frequency Response: 35Hz - 22kHz
- Power: 130 Watt
- S/N Ratio: >100dB (A-Weighted)
- Crossover Frequency: 2.4 kHz
- Cabinet: Vinyl-Laminated MDF
- Power Requirements: Fixed 110V or 220V
- Height: 13.38" / 340mm
- Width: 10" / 254mm
- Depth: 10.63" / 270mm
- Weight: 9.8 Kg
- Includes: 1 x Isolation Pads